Mirror Dip in Reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battles2a5, FYI the dip angle can be adjusted to whatever you prefer, just adjust the mirrors with the controls on the door as you would normally while they are dipped (while the reverse gear is engaged and dipped mirrors are turned on) and then save the new position into memory. It will be remembered every time you back up. I adjusted mine so that only the passenger side mirror dips, the driver's stays put. Just like a Q5. And, at least on my 2013, the nav screen doesn't get involved in the process. :smile:

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 Discovery 4 HSE has this feature and it is activated through the settings menu LCD.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I think is really neat is that if you go fast enough in reverse, the dip discontinues so that you can see further behind you instead of looking at the curb.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it flips up from dipped to regular position if you reverse at speeds exceeding 7 mph. I remember reading it in the Ownere's Manual.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90