Mirror glass replacement help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skunkape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm picking up RH side mirror glass from the dealer and I'm looking for any tips to remove the old cracked glass and reinstall the new one. From what I can tell the old one snaps out and the new one snapes back into place I hope looking at the new glass I can deduct how to do it.

If any of you have any advice and tips on replacing the glass please share them with me so I don't break the new glass. Thanks Brian

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you pretty much have it. In my case to get the old one off I found that prying from the outside bottom of the mirror towards the inside top unclipped it the easiest (I hope that makes sense)

The top fits in first, then you push in the bottom till it clips.

It is a pain in the but, and spread out the pressure so you don't crack the mirror.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with that. I replaced mine and it was simply a matter of dumb luck on re-installing the new glass. Just be patient and line the clips up as best as you can. I almost gave up right when I heard the magical "click" when it all goes together. The GF is no longer allowed to back the Rover out of the garage! :mad:

Skunkape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a follow up, all went smooth. took the old glass out by releasing the lower clip with a flat blade screw driver. new mirror went in and snapped into place after a few attemps. A quick liitle shove with the palm of my hand snapped into.

Thanks for the tips

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge