Misfire Codes and Restricted Performance after about 15 miles driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DriveAdrenaline

Reaction score
Ok... So a week ago, the water pump outlet thermostat tube busted and I had a major coolant leak while driving. The engine shut off, but it didn't say it was overheating. I got the part replaced and I drove it about 30 miles without issue. When I turned it back on, there was a slight rough idle and an engine light. It seemed to go away and drove it another 30 minutes running errands without any noticeable issue. On my way home in bumper to bumper traffic, the restricted performance warning came on and it was running and idling very rough. I pulled over, turned it off for a bit and then turned it back on and it seemed ok. I drove slowly home as the warning came on and off. At home, I observed that the MAF sensor was really loose and may have become disconnected while on my initial drive. I plugged it back in and it ran fine - I thought I solved the issue. Then about 15 miles into my drive, the same thing happens and the rough idle and restricted performance is back. I check the codes and it says misfire on cylinders 2, 4, 6, and 8. I clear the codes, start it back up and it runs fine. I drive it for about 15 miles and the same thing happens. I just checked the gaskets on the intake manifold and they all look good. I have scoured these forums and seen issues with injectors and coil packs, but none of these circumstances were intermittent like mine. Please let me know your thoughts if you have dealt with something similar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut