Moab trails with rooftop tent?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt1t

Reaction score
An Isuzu Amigo..... Hell ya! I had a 2000. That was the first truck I bought myself after college. Subsequently, I traded that in for my LR discovery II and here we are. Your trip sounds amazing.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a bad back and knees it is easier to crawl up to a roof top tent vs a tent with an air mattress? What am I missing here? There is a middle ground between sleeping on the dirt and a roof top tent lol.
you are missing that a lot of the RTTs have a mattress that is just as comfortable as the one in your house.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pics. You see why I don't like weight on the roof...

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An Isuzu Amigo..... Hell ya! I had a 2000. That was the first truck I bought myself after college. Subsequently, I traded that in for my LR discovery II and here we are. Your trip sounds amazing.
Yeah, I had a 1990. I'd put a Toyota tranny in it with two Marlin crawler transfer cases in it, and did a bunch of suspension work to get things moving more freely, plus the traction difs. That thing was amazing. But too small for a family.

Matt1t

Reaction score
Oh wow. You did a lot of work to yours. Agree, way to small for the family which is why I sold mine too :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA