More Oil Pan Questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
So the torque is 6-8ft per bolt working front to back.

Now, do I RTV the entire gasket both sides? Or do I do it like Toyota and only RTV it each corner on both sides?

Thanks

Justin "Needs to get a Factory Tech Manual" Myers :ahhhhh:

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Justin .. I will burn you a copy of my Rave CD for free...covers 1995-1998 Disco/RR/ Defender ...PM with the mailing address... Hope this helps...... Melissa

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is RTV the spray to coat the gasket. I've always coated the entire gasket. Give your dealership a call or someone who services a lot of rovers. Unless they are jerks they will help you. No specifics listed in the workshop manual. I'll look over the manual again later today and double check for you. The official workshop manual is avaiable at wal-mart.com for 93.77 thats $57 cheaper than retail. Mine paid for itself with one brake job. A very good investment.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
YOU RULE!!!

Thanks Melissa.

RoverChic said:
Justin .. I will burn you a copy of my Rave CD for free...covers 1995-1998 Disco/RR/ Defender ...PM with the mailing address... Hope this helps...... Melissa

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM