More power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O.k. here is the continuing saga: I replaced the p/s pump with a low mile used one (thanks roverguy) I also drained as much of the system as I could and added Lucas treatment. Now that it is cold again (0F) it makes the noise agiain although now it only makes it for less than a minute at start-up. My question is:
Should I drain the system again?
Is it possible to flush the system from the low pressure side without the system running?
Is there something in the gear box that can be causing this ,like a stuck valve or something?
The noise seems to be dependent on the cold. I bled the system using the bleed valve on the gear box so I think the air is all out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't wnat to replace another pump.
Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would drain the system again or flush if possible. It sounds like something may still be in the steering box.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joey, Thats what I figured I just needed someone to agree with me. I don't suppose there is a screen or a filter anywhere in the system that could get plugged with nasties after a pump failure? I'll give it another drain this weekend.
Thanks again.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
No filter that I am aware of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635