Mounting Front license plate holder on foam pushbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I see two shallow holes in the foam push bar, A-bar whatever its called, so I assume these are where you would place a front license plate holder.

I am in Virginia, USA so we have to have a front plate. Cant figure why except that someone could see who hit them from behind, or the guys in prison need to do two times the work. JK.

So for some reason my 2005 LR3 which was purchased from a dealer, used didn't have a holder. The vehicle was originally in Florida, whcih maybe they don't have front plates there, not sure.

Anyway other than through drilling additional holes how would one utilize these shallow holes to mount a holder. Trying not to punch some sheet metal screws into the foam bumper but I am not opposed to doing that if that is what it takes.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just don't do it.

I have the same setup....I live in WA where it is required but I have never mounted it; had the LR3 since June 2005. There is no way I'm defacing the front of it like that. I'll take the ticket. By the way, I've been stopped more than once for speeding tickets and have never had an issue with the cop saying I need a front plate.

ONCE, I got pulled over for that very reason on a backroad, but I think the Officer just wanted to see if I had been drinking - I hadn't - and he let me go with a note that I should get it mounted. I do keep it with me in the glove box in case I want to throw it up on the dash. I will not mount it.

MYLR34ME

Reaction score
Got a FRONT license plate bracket for Land rover LR3 with OEM black foam bumper...… fits the 2 holes in bumper, has 4 imbedded nuts with 4 screws for mounting the tag and 2 screws to attach to your bumper.
$29 shipped
send me a message to buy …. pay via PayPal or other.
Land Rover LR3 7.png
s-l1600.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM