Mounting the ECU inside???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadhead86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im look at moving the ECU of my Disco out of the engine bay, and mounting on the inside of the rig in the Glove box, to help protect it from water/mud/heat damage. I was wondering if this is something that you might suggest doing. If so, what do you believe would be the best way of going about this. I had planned on cutting a hole in the firewall and running the wires thru there to the glove box and then sealing off the hole with some sort of rubber plug. I was wondering if you have ever heard of anyone doing this before, or if you have a better way of doing something like this, Im all ears. Its a pretty simple task and Im sure theres not much more you can tell me besides what Ive already said, but I just wanted to check before I just went and started cutting away.

Thanks

basstard440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Don't know of anyone doing this but ya gotta put up pics of your project so I can mimic it. ;) I have seen people wrap them in tubberware but nothing like you are proposing.

Deadhead86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent heard of it myself either, but Ive learned my lesson the hard way before about ECUs and water. It doesnt look like its gonna be a quick and easy thing either, thats way I asked, but I guess Im going to be pioneering this one. Ill def see if I cant make a walk thru basstard.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635