Mud Flap removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteezTight

Reaction score
I've dot a 96' disco 1 and have tried over and over to get the mud flaps off. I have tried prying out the bolt thing or whaterer it is and about everything else possible and it just doesn't seem to work.can anyone give me some help with this?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I cut mine off with a knife

healey1006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used an air powered cut off tool to cut them off. A recipricating saw might also work. After I got mine off, I used stainless bolts/nuts/washers to secure the new mud flaps.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
New mud flaps... I didn't even think of that.... 4 years with no mud flaps, and now complaints yet.

SteezTight

Reaction score
thanks. ya im not puttin new ones back on i think that it looks better with them off and they dont really serve that much purpose.

SteezTight

Reaction score
I forgot, is there anything you can do to get rid of the bracket that holds the rear flaps on once you have cut them off? maybe bending them up under the body?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
That I didn't do, but a jib saw or a dremel tool should to the job.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SteezTight said:
I forgot, is there anything you can do to get rid of the bracket that holds the rear flaps on once you have cut them off? maybe bending them up under the body?
Angle grinder. But be careful because the bracket does tie into something important. Can't remember which one, but don't cut too much away....

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM