Mudflaps from Hong Kong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I am just struggling to pay $250 for mudflaps. Now I remember back in 2004 when I bought my Porsche Cayenne S from a dealer in Tx. I asked them to put flaps on for me and he said, "I'll cost another $170. I said, "why in the heck are they so much", and he said, "because these have to stay on at 150 mph.

Well, that made sense to me, but for the LR4, not so much. So, I am going to try these:

Hi! I found this on eBay and thought you might like it! Check it out now! OEM Set Splash Guar Mud Guards Mud Flaps For 092016 Land Rover LR4 Discovery 4 http://r.ebay.com/KnbgVO

I'll let you all know how they work. Unless, anyone else had tried them and has an opinion.

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. I'm interested in hearing about them when they come in.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are literally on the slow boat from China, but I did pay the $1 upgraded shipping to get them here in 2 weeks instead of 4-6 weeks. If they fit and look decent, I'll post pics, if not, I hope they are made of recyclable material!

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the OEM flaps, they look great but if you go off road get ready for some damage. 3 out of 4 of mine are messed up one way or another. One tore in half and 2 others are holding on by threads. They are hard plastic and don't budge at all whereas the earlier versions for the D1 are rubber and flexed. I am going to see about installing series mud flaps or D1 mud flaps with the little mountain logo. I saw a guy in Zurich who had custom ones put on and they looked great, he also put straps to flip them back when wheeling so the chances they would get caught when reversing would lessen.

Good luck!

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
I bought a set a while back for $50 and they required minor trimming, but works just fine. The instructions are worthless, just line them up to the holes and re-use the oem screws.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,

Let us know when the slow boat from China shows up.. I am curious to see how these look..

Thanks,

Mike

goinsurfin

Reaction score
On my LR3, i custom fitted the defender 110 mudflaps. They accommodated both exhausts without touching and the 5 bolt holes are identical to mounting the oem type plastic flaps. No extra work to do. They could use some armor-all to darken them up but overall, they look so much better than the stock flaps.. In 6 years, they never came off while on trails.. If I can find a photo with them mounted, I'll post it..
I'll sell these for $120 shipped...

Attachments

• IMG_7357.jpg
    IMG_7357.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7358.jpg
    IMG_7358.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they're great for off roading. I'd love to see the look on my wife's face if I mounted these on her rig!

I just received the Hong Kong specials yesterday. I am going to mount them (or at least try) sometime today. I'll take pics and post them.

admx

Reaction score
Sweet, do they have the metal bracket that the OEM versions have?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM