My First Post! - main fan won't come on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PHILIPRB

Reaction score
I have an 03 RR, the rear fan works, the A/C works but the front (main) fan just will not function in any mode - manual or auto. Fuse is OK. Any ideas ? Thx/Philip

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...

Have you checked both fuses 12 and 34?

When did it stop working? Does it work with heat on and not A/C? Could be a dirty switch, have you tried using contact cleaner and spraying it into the switch (with the key out of the ignition that is.)

PHILIPRB

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...

Have you checked both fuses 12 and 34?

When did it stop working? Does it work with heat on and not A/C? Could be a dirty switch, have you tried using contact cleaner and spraying it into the switch (with the key out of the ignition that is.)
Thx Joey. Checked both fuses. Heat or A/C still will not come on. I'll look at the switch to see how I can clean it (why does the key need to be out ?)

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't want electrical power going to the switch while you are cleaning it... not good.

PHILIPRB

Reaction score
Joey you're probably right about the switch... it just started working again for a while and stopped and then back on - it's intermittent. How do I access the switch ?? I have a shop manual but it really doesn't describe how to get to the back of that switch or remove the front panel / control assembly. Any ideas ? Thx!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not a fun job.... About 2 to 3 hours for someone that knows what they are doing. (Oh did I mention I don't do dashes)

I would just get a can of spray contact cleaner, stick the hose in the switch area, and as you move the switch spray away...

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to post that question in the R.R. section to get more feed back.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you posted in the "Introduction" section. Probably find more Rover owners, in that section, that can answer your question.
By the way, welcome to the site, I also joined yesterday.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635