My LR3 is comming...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

sgllr3

Grommet-
I think they still don't give great breaks. At first they didn't want to take anything off the MSRP, especially on an HSE, but I said the MSRP is ALWAYS negotiable. I tried to push more on discounts for dealer installed options, but they really wouldn't budge.
In the end:
06 HSE BLK/TAN LUX CC HD 1000 off MSRP
runnin boards, roof rack 20% off (still a huge dealer markup I think)
rubber floor mats free

I wanted tow pkg, but the price wasnt right
The DVD entertainment is way overpriced. I can get a much better system from a local shop for 1/2 the price.

all in all, about 62,000 to drive off (tax, lic, etc)
so. cal.

S

sgllr3

In fact, I haven't bought the car yet. If anyone thinks the above dealer installed items aren't worth it, I'm listening.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, it's getting a little better. I didn't even get free floor mats almost a year ago. ;) Our dealers in Northern California are pretty small and don't tend to discount much as a rule.

Anyway, when you finally pick it up and drive for a while... do tell us if the lack of adjustable lumbar support bugs you. We've had little posted feedback, beyond one person really hating it.

B

BerryS

Hi guys, long time lurker / first time poster.

I purchased my 06 HSE Chawton White / Alpaca Beige at the end of September. My dealer honored the X plan discount (even though I am not affiliated with Ford in any way). For those who don't know, X Plan amounts to 4% over invoice. My LR3 came equipped with the heavy duty and luxury package.

I'm happy with the price I paid, and feel fortunate to have had a local dealer with the vehicle configured exactly the way I wanted it. Also, the lack of lumbar support doesn't bother me in any way.

S

sgllr3

Picked up the car yesterday... such a sweet machine. I hope it keeps working. Funny thing, the sales rep went through her debriefing on various points of the car, when she comes to "and the lumbar support... (long pause as she stares at the side of the seat back)". Then I added in a calm and reassuring voice "it's ok, I knew this was coming."
She was in disbelief. Kind of sucks when you're the sales rep and you're the last to know.
But the dealership more than made up for it. Early in negotiations I wanted DVD entertainment, later I said no. They mixed things up at the last minute and installed it. When I went to pick the car up, they recognized the mistake, and gave it to me free of charge.
I went to LR Thousand Oaks (CA), sales rep Bonnie. I have to say overall the buying experience was great, they were honest and interested in doing right by me (even w/o the dvd freebie).
I hope I never NEED the service dept... from the othe posts, it seems a little scary.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You did well with the free DVD. I'm sure that's well over $2K installed, using normal LR prices. Congratulations and good luck.

T

tzinsli

Picked up my 06 HSE today Black/Black, Loaded. No Lumbar supports. Other than that, I love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM