My new LR4 Journey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theegovernor

Reaction score
Hello

I am returning back to the world of LR4 ownership. My last LR4 was a 2014 Lux Causeway Grey. It got totaled when I got stuck on a river. The winch ran my battery down trying to get out. It had 130k miles. Searching for MY 2015-16 Lr4's with low miles <80k has been hard at a reasonable cost. Even harder to find one in the right color, LUX, and have the HD package. Instead of paying big $$ for one, I found a 16 with 71k miles in the color I wanted and that is a LUX.I will be retrofitting the 2 speed transfer case and locker from a salvage 15 Lr4. Btw if anyone is looking for parts let me know

Attachments

• 330329237_1059927634992644_3721611963661386679_n.jpg
    330329237_1059927634992644_3721611963661386679_n.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 28

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, excited to see how the project goes, I’ve heard it’s incredibly hard to retrofit the rear locker, however with the correct wisdom and knowledge contributions from everyone on the forum I think it’ll be a hell of a project.

I wish you good luck on this new journey

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I started my journey last July with a '12. I was originally staying clear of Land Rover because of the reliability reputation. But it was time for a new car and I had a list of what I wanted. Then I found the LR4. I take it overlanding out in the west but I also live the city life in the downtown metro area (where trucks are too big to park) and I'm going overlanding again in it next week. One more problem to fix before I go lol.

Driving on desert roads is so smooth with the air suspension. I've taken it through one dry river bottom, over a mountain and on dirt bike trails so far and a few washouts, but I stay away from rock crawling since for me its the destination and not so much the journey when overlanding. All the good spots to camp are the hardest to get to. Then I like to explore around from camp deeper into the country.

I'm still learning how to drive it off-road. I need to learn the limits and when to use the traction settings. I've had off-road training with a Jeep club back in '98 with a Dakota 4X4 5sp manual V8 that had a Kenne Bell supercharger, headers and a cat back. The leader guy had a Discovery 2 (I think?) and he was always working on it. He had the dash off and it was never ending work but it never broke on the trail and he didn't work on it on the trail.

flnxT6s.jpg

KQ2mjtH.jpg

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am returning back to the world of LR4 ownership. My last LR4 was a 2014 Lux Causeway Grey. It got totaled when I got stuck on a river. The winch ran my battery down trying to get out. It had 130k miles. Searching for MY 2015-16 Lr4's with low miles <80k has been hard at a reasonable cost. Even harder to find one in the right color, LUX, and have the HD package. Instead of paying big $$ for one, I found a 16 with 71k miles in the color I wanted and that is a LUX.I will be retrofitting the 2 speed transfer case and locker from a salvage 15 Lr4. Btw if anyone is looking for parts let me know
Send me your VIN#. I can pull up the build sheet for it.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello

Best way to lose a car I've heard of.

theegovernor

Reaction score
Awesome, excited to see how the project goes, I’ve heard it’s incredibly hard to retrofit the rear locker, however with the correct wisdom and knowledge contributions from everyone on the forum I think it’ll be a hell of a project.

I wish you good luck on this new journey
It will be a good challenge. I have already started going through wiring diagrams

theegovernor

Reaction score
Looking good. I started my journey last July with a '12. I was originally staying clear of Land Rover because of the reliability reputation. But it was time for a new car and I had a list of what I wanted. Then I found the LR4. I take it overlanding out in the west but I also live the city life in the downtown metro area (where trucks are too big to park) and I'm going overlanding again in it next week. One more problem to fix before I go lol.

Driving on desert roads is so smooth with the air suspension. I've taken it through one dry river bottom, over a mountain and on dirt bike trails so far and a few washouts, but I stay away from rock crawling since for me its the destination and not so much the journey when overlanding. All the good spots to camp are the hardest to get to. Then I like to explore around from camp deeper into the country.

I'm still learning how to drive it off-road. I need to learn the limits and when to use the traction settings. I've had off-road training with a Jeep club back in '98 with a Dakota 4X4 5sp manual V8 that had a Kenne Bell supercharger, headers and a cat back. The leader guy had a Discovery 2 (I think?) and he was always working on it. He had the dash off and it was never ending work but it never broke on the trail and he didn't work on it on the trail.

View attachment 24598
View attachment 24599
This platform definitely has its advantages. Air suspension is mostly positive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax