MY2013 - Order Now to Get the V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhyrraM

Reaction score
It's been my experience (albeit not Land Rover) that dealers are generally amung the LAST to know things like this. They generally say what is required to sell you a car NOW - and are not too interested in anything that might make you wait.

I'm not saying they are wrong in this case, just keep your eyes open when dealing with a dealer.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Quijote,

Have you thought about working with the dealership to see if they would buy out your lease? When I got my LR4 2 years ago they bought out my ML lease and I still had 1+ years - just depends on the pay off and if it's below market value. If you really want a 2013 then I would talk to them, as he told me "1-2 months" so May should be fine! Just a thought.

-David

No chance. I have a "dirt-cheap" lease on my BMW in part because BMW subsidizes leases with hugely inflated residuals. My car is probably way above market.

I currently have 4 cars too, so no chance in convincing my wife to agree to a 5th one. I'm about to put my old jeep for sale to get back to 3 cars.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No chance. I have a "dirt-cheap" lease on my BMW in part because BMW subsidizes leases with hugely inflated residuals. My car is probably way above market.

I currently have 4 cars too, so no chance in convincing my wife to agree to a 5th one. I'm about to put my old jeep for sale to get back to 3 cars.
Sorry to hear that.... but, I would still have hope because it may actually be longer that they allow ordering for a 2013. Sometimes it is hard to tell dealer BS to get you to order and not. Knowing how quickly LR moves, I bet they will still be ordering 2013s in 2014 - haha! :)

Nothing wrong with 4 cars! :) I never have that problem with my wife, she insists I make all the decisions. My Land Rover buddies hate me. LOL.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had planned to get a 2014 but am now negotiating a 2013 order to get a V8. I want Xenon headlights and memory seats so going with a lux as well. Been going back and forth with the dealer we bought our LR3 from. So far we're at $2000 off MSRP and discussing the roof rail kit and side molding now. I also have another dealer that wants "last bid" so maybe we will see what he can do. And, it looks like we're going with red with a black interior.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had planned to get a 2014 but am now negotiating a 2013 order to get a V8. I want Xenon headlights and memory seats so going with a lux as well. Been going back and forth with the dealer we bought our LR3 from. So far we're at $2000 off MSRP and discussing the roof rail kit and side molding now. I also have another dealer that wants "last bid" so maybe we will see what he can do. And, it looks like we're going with red with a black interior.
Hi PaulLR3,

Thanks for the information. I have not spoken with my dealership about any specific pricing, but I would appreciate knowing how you went about discussing deals, etc. I know that I did mention transferring some of my current accessories to the new vehicle, but pricing was not mentioned.

It sounds like we will have a similar build, I think MSRP is around $61,000? So, they are taking 2K off that???

Since these would be late order 2013s, I would imagine more room for a deal.

Did your dealer mention anything about ordering timing?

-David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know there was a thread about the 2013 LR4 and the change to a 3.0 supercharged V6 engine, so I wanted to provide some information.

I spoke to two area dealerships and both confirmed that the 2014 LR4 will be getting the V6 engine and if I wanted a 2013 model (with the V8) that i needed to order in the next month or so before they closed building for the 2013 model year.

Originally I was planning to order a 2014, but I have decided to go ahead and order a 2013 next week. I just don't want to risk not being able to get the V8 engine. Maybe the V6 will be fine, but I want the V8.

I need to send the sales guy a PDF of my build from the Land Rover website and they require a $1,000 deposit.

I am still trying to figure out the exterior color, but I have narrowed down my choices to Fuji White, Aintree Green, and thanks to umbertob's inspiration, Firenze Red. I never really imagined myself with a red vehicle, but the red with black pack looks really nice. Right now I am leaning toward Fuji White because it's a great color and holds up to scratches well and looks great with the black pack. I like the Aintree Green, but it just doesn't look as good with the black pack. As far as interior, I am pretty sure I will go with the Arabica leather seats, but also considering ebony.

I am planning to order an HSE Lux with 19" black design pack and Heavy Duty Package. I don't want any stereo upgrades, rear entertainment systems, or vision package.

I will keep you guys posted!

-David

We so think alike... I've narrowed mine down to the exact same specs. But not going to go with the black pack for a few minor reasons.

Anyway, this is what I'm going to order.

'13 HSE Lux, Aintree Green w/Arabica and extended leather. I'm going to keep the rims I bought and put back on the originals when I trade in Harriet, so I'm going to order either the 20s or the newer 7-spoke syle 19s. Then I can change them out depending how much winter driving I do. I'd like to get the 20s... but concerned the side walls will create a rougher ride.

Last edited:

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David - just giving you my experience; I ordered my new truck on 2/6, the start build date is set on 3/27 with a completion date on 4/9. It's scheduled to deliver to my dealer on 5/18 although my rep said that delivery could be sooner. Haven't worked on the numbers yet though.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We so think alike... I've narrowed mine down to the exact same specs. But not going to go with the black pack for a few minor reasons.

Anyway, this is what I'm going to order.

'13 HSE Lux, Aintree Green w/Arabica and extended leather. I'm going to keep the rims I bought and put back on the originals, so I'm going to order either the 20s or the newer 7-spoke syle 19s. Then I can change them out depending how much winter driving I do. I'd like to get the 20s... but concerned the side walls will create a rougher ride.
Hey Count,

Thanks for the note. I really do love the Aintree Green and keep going back to that color, but I also really like the Fuji White and Firenze Red. Sounds like you have a similar build to me, except I am not getting the extended leather. Are you going with the heavy duty package?

Are you ordering from BMC? I am going with LR of San Jose, but I am curious as to the type of deal you can get at BMC vs. LR of San Jose. What are they telling you in terms of timing?

Let's chat further.

-David

faspaz

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know there was a thread about the 2013 LR4 and the change to a 3.0 supercharged V6 engine, so I wanted to provide some information.

I spoke to two area dealerships and both confirmed that the 2014 LR4 will be getting the V6 engine and if I wanted a 2013 model (with the V8) that i needed to order in the next month or so before they closed building for the 2013 model year.

-David

Highly doubt it. Haven't met any LR dealers yet who know what they are talking about. He just wants to get you to buy a vehicle RIGHT NOW. Pretty common tactic, this. Get one now before we run out! Surprised so many here are falling for this.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt it. Haven't met any LR dealers yet who know what they are talking about. He just wants to get you to buy a vehicle RIGHT NOW. Pretty common tactic, this. Get one now before we run out! Surprised so many here are falling for this.
I know what you mean, and I mentioned this before, it might just be a pitch for us to order one ASAP... I agree that most LR dealerships don't really know what they are doing, so I have to somewhat take it with a grain of salt. I think the truth is that they will start ordering 2014s likely this Summer for Fall delivery, so we are probably fine if you order in the next few months?

Either way, I am ready to order the 2013 - the timing is fine.

-David

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM