Nav Touchscreen; Intermittant failures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 204K...as I approached 200K miles I started to get a new failure on the Nav...

...About 25% of the time when I start the truck, the Nav screen will not respond to touchscreen commands. The two hard buttons still work. Sometimes it kind of pushes it's own buttons and will get to a language screen or something I didn't initiate.

Has anyone else had this happen?

My mechanic said this is unfortunately normal with age of the Nav systems.

Curious if anyone else found a fix or way to extend the life.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ping!

Am I the only one with this annoying screen failure?

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a calibration page somewhere in the menu?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a touchscreen calibration routine somewhere in the service menu if I recall (enter with the 753 diag code), somehow I doubt that's going to make a difference here but it's worth a shot.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think the screen bezel might be putting pressure on some point around the screen? If the screen thought it was already being touched, then it wouldn't register your finger. Don't know how you'd fix that though.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think the screen bezel might be putting pressure on some point around the screen? If the screen thought it was already being touched, then it wouldn't register your finger. Don't know how you'd fix that though.

Interesting thought. It will either ignore screen touches all together, or it goes by itself into the language selection menu. No interaction from me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9