Need Battery Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squarecircle

Reaction score
Greetings Trynian: Check out the Odyssey red p/n PC 2150! >>>> google it >>>> This unit makes the interstate and all other batts that will fit the LR 3 seen like kids toys!!!! This is a man's best friend in your rig. >>>> Forget duell Batts. >>>> It fits and weighs 75 pounds. >>>>> It is the opposite of the prince of darkness. >>>> Check specs vrs. all others ie starting amps, cold cranking amps, batt capacity, projected life and warranty.
Regards, sq.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T have the same one as TRYNIAN has ,installed and it has been great for over 2 years now.No signs of weakness in this cold weather yet.As far as Odyssey red 2150 it may not fit the compartment , high wise at least, unless he leaves a cover out.The width and length is fine , but i am concern about high . At 9.47 IN. , i think is too tall.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Nathan mentioned, go to Sears, their new Platinum line is better then anything else on the market.

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Nathan mentioned, go to Sears, their new Platinum line is better then anything else on the market.

Not available according to the Sears web site & my local Sears service center. I was truly disappointed!

A Jackson

Reaction score
Not available according to the Sears web site & my local Sears service center. I was truly disappointed!

I had an issue close to what was noted in this and I believe a second line of discussion. Sat Nav and HDC would both give warnings related to unavailability on start up. This would pass, and would not repeat after driving “Red Rover” for a short distance. That is to say on the second start up of the day it would not reoccur. This past Monday I went to a small, local auto shop purchased the Interstate battery, MTP-H8 and installed it. I am very happy with the battery.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DieHard from Sears and Duralast from Autozone are both made by the same company, Johnson Conrtols. They also make Interstate Batteries.

That being said a Duralast Platinum from Auto Zone should be a good battery for those of us needing a new battery. HDC not available and Parking Brake fault have started to appear on my dash with the recent cold spell. Think its about that time for me.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldnt get a Duralast platinum but they carried the gold series at AutoZone. Stock battery is 690 amp this is 760 amp with a 3 year replacement, 8 year warranty. Not a bad deal for $130 if your dealer wont replace current battery under warranty or if you just want the peace of mind of an upgrade. Took me about 15 mins to put in.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...xt=&categoryDisplayName=Battery&parentId=74-0

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo