Need fast help pls - Snow Chanis or Cables

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is good to know. Beacause I don't have the heavy duty package with the rear
diff lock. And although I have had success with running chains on the front with the
255/60 size tires, I have now moved to a 285/60 and would'nt feel comfortable using
any type of chain or cable on the front tires due to lack of clearance. So it's the
backs only from now on.

ddeeble

Reaction score
With chains only on the rear, you should have great traction for moving the truck forward. Steering may feel a little vague because without chains up front, you're going to be pushing the front end around a little. That isn't a problem - if you plan out your line well, you shouldn't need to be making any drastic steering inputs anyway.

Have fun - snow driving can be a blast! :)

phelme

Reaction score
so those of you with FlexTrax Go Claws: for the HSE (255/55/R19) do you find that the size recommend, T43-6-1, fits as advertised? and do they fit on the front?

thanks!

phelme

Reaction score
OK, I ordered and received a set of SCC Super Z6 SZ-435 chains, which were recommend for 255/55/R19 tires... and of course they don't fit. This is the second time I've gone through this with SCC chains for LR's, the first recommended set I got for my RRS didn't fit either. Guess I should have learned. :mad:

Someone out there mentioned they had a set of Super Z's that fit on the HSE tires (grommet??). Exactly what model # do you have if I may ask? Are they the SZ-447's?

thanks!

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
phleme, sorry... don't have them with me, but I'm pretty sure that's what I have. (As I mentioned earlier in this thread.) I tried them before I bought them... maybe they were mis-labeled. :smile: What fit problem did you have? Did you call or e-mail SCC to see what they say? (The LR3 is 3 years old now... they must have some history!)

Last edited:

phelme

Reaction score
grommet: I can connect the inside and the top links, but the bottom fasteners only come within 2" or so of each other. It's like the chains over the tread aren't wide enough. One thing I didn't check though is the tire pressure. It's possible that the dealer inflated the front tires to the same as the back, 42 Lbs. or so and at 32 Lbs., where they should be, they'll work.

I did email SCC but it being Friday and all, I think I caught them at the end of the work day.

phelme

Reaction score
well, SCC never has replied to any of my messages. I ended up getting a size larger size (SZ 447) because the tensioner belt would never hook on to more than 3 spots it was stretched so tightly on the SZ 435 (I had to deflate the front tires to ~31 lbs. to get this to work). Now the 447 is large enough but I can slip my hand between the links and the tire at 2 points which I'm a bit concerned about. I'm hoping it'll redistribute the gap once the tire is moving. Sigh.

phelme

Reaction score
final thoughts on this. Heard back from SCC, they recommended 441's instead of 447's. got a pair and they seem to fit fine on the fronts so the 447's are going back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4