Need help troubleshootung EAS issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I popped loose a rear sway bar link.

The next time I restarted the LR3, the compressor ran for maybe a minute, and then it threw an EAS error and stayed locked at normal height.

Can anyone tell from the following image I snapped if there is anything amiss with the compressor?

iVLtU3q.jpg

I mean I've added about 5 lbs of mud, twigs and leaves into the compartment, but that should only help the drier out, shouldn't it?

;)

I kid, I kid,

Anyway, I'm in the process of removing the compressor and cleaning out the dessicant.

If it works, It was an awesome $20 repair.

If not... That's life.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is my AMK different than all the others I've seen?

Lukas_Zino.jpg

The drier is totally different than I was expecting

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Is the compressor in the attached picture yours? If so, that looks like the standards AMK compressor to me. I think there were different versions, but that's the picture I'm used to seeing. Very different from the older style hitachi and perhaps more similar to the even older Wabco used in my RR MkIII.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears there isn't a serviceable drier in there though? I was expecting to clean out the old ****** silica beads and replace them.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how serviceable it is. I've never heard of anybody servicing one yet, though you might find more info over on the disco3 board. If you DO decide to service the dryer in the next few days or weeks, let us know how it goes. I'm about to attempt something similar with our Wabco compressor on the RR. The RR is taking FOREVER to lower and I think it may be due to a crapped up dryer as well.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well....

The two screws securing what I think to be the drier are super tough. There's red loc tite on the one that I did manage to remove.

I'm not sure whether I should forge ahead with this or seal it back up and see if my EAS woes are elsewhere.

Need that IID tool :p

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well....

The two screws securing what I think to be the drier are super tough. There's red loc tite on the one that I did manage to remove.

I'm not sure whether I should forge ahead with this or seal it back up and see if my EAS woes are elsewhere.

Need that IID tool :p

The dryer should be that big metal/silver canister at the back of the pic. As far as an IID tool, you're welcome to come over and borrow mine if you're anywhere near the DC area.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just watched a youtube about this very thing. I'm not sure if it was AMK though. Might want to look for it, before ya break something!

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay... deleting and editing my post. I think you're right CD (can I just call you Archer? ;)). I can't find a great diagram of it anywhere, but it would make sense that the bigger, thicker gauge wires are going into the motor housing. It also looks like that thing on the left front is probably a pressure release valve, which would typically be found on the dryer assembly. So... I apologize for the confusion. I think you're on track!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM