Need Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would I also be assuming too much in thinking this is a more refined version of the LR3, and that many of the issues in the LR3 have been addressed with the LR4? Thanks.

I think you are right in assuming that! My advice would be for you to just buy the LR4 and love the thing! Every year these vehicles just get better and better

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right Rover, I am still leaning towards the purchase.

Any and all information is still very very helpful.

Would I also be assuming too much in thinking this is a more refined version of the LR3, and that many of the issues in the LR3 have been addressed with the LR4? Thanks.
Scott, although there isnt a huge diference in the looks, there are some major upgrades to important items that may or may not have hindered the lr3.

New more powerful engine. Diferent tires. New suspension. Completely diferent interior. i'l assume you read the LR4 thread and reviews etc. If not you should.

Of course, new thing can have "New" problems also.

A question for the LR3 guys, at what point in time did some of the Lr3 problems start occuring? Either in miles or time?

Thundar

Reaction score
I was quoted 52k + TTL & Fees, does this seem reasonable? According to edmunds its slightly under TMV. Anyone want to share their purchase experience? Thanks!

I am picking up my 2010 LR4 HSE 7 Seat Comfort pkg tomorrow for $51231.60 out the door price (includes TTL & Fees).

Wish me luck!

ETA: Not to throw this too far off track, but if you do a google search for "land rover mac mini" the first hit is my current LR.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be, but thats a pretty hefty discount. I wonder how overall sales are.

j

Thundar

Reaction score
Not sure but I am certain most LR4s coming in are already sold. I waited 7 weeks for this to come in. The 2 on the lot when I had the test drive were sold. This was the next batch to come in. It just arrived yesterday at the dealer. Not sure how many others were delivered with it. Maybe I can provide more details after I pick up mine tomorrow.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be, I know my dealer had 2 more come in since mine and they were still there for at least 3 weeks. Of course, i dont know if any others pre-sold were delivered.

Hopefully they are doing well and look forward to hearing your exp.. So far, knock on wood, mine has been great. My biggest complaint is the the gas tank size. i have 4500 miles on mine in 2 months and feel like i am filling up every other day...lol

j

Thundar

Reaction score
I know that they said other LR4s at other dealers were damaged in some way. So they wanted to wait until their next lot of trucks came in at the port for me. They supposedly trade them with other dealers to get the one you want if you don't want to place an order from the factory. The 2 at Cherry Hill may have some small damage on them and be the reason they sat there. Just my hypothesis. Of course it could all be BS since it came from the mouth of a salesman. :)

Thundar

Reaction score
I am picking up my 2010 LR4 HSE 7 Seat Comfort pkg tomorrow for $51231.60 out the door price (includes TTL & Fees).

Wish me luck!

ETA: Not to throw this too far off track, but if you do a google search for "land rover mac mini" the first hit is my current LR.

Sorry, I forgot the $2500 down payment I gave them.

Make that $53906.60

Sorry for the confusion.

I picked it up today and love it. Much more solid of a ride than my 2000 Discovery II. I love all the electronics and power of the 2010. :biggrin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV