New LR3 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Newrover2007

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the tire and wheel protection insurance. My dealer asked us if we wanted it for $590. Apparently it covers the LR3 for life against wheel bends or unrepairable tires with replacements. I declined, thinking that I could by a brand new wheel off of Ebay for less than that. Any thoughts....

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one in their right mind would pay to have those Goodyear tires replaced with like tires IMHO.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I agree with Roverine. However, if you need to buy a replacement rim, they are REALLY expensive through the dealer. They are about $200-$250 through traditional wheel & tire shops

davenport

Reaction score
I have it. I talked them down to $400, I think that they originally wanted $800. I recently had one of the tires replaced under the warrenty, it cost $389. I guess that I almost broke even.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've not bought it, but one thing I thought of that can get people on that type of warranty, is the maintence provision. Do you have to maintain a certain rotation or inspection schedule to keep your contract valid? Thats what gets people on many a Road Hazard Warranty.

davenport

Reaction score
yeah the tires have to be at least 3/32 and also be free of improper wear or tire rot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635