New member from SoCal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danielsand

Reaction score
Just following the forum protocol, and introducing myself here, before I start asking questions. I am an avid DIY type, with EXTENSIVE experience in British cars. Active on Range Rover forums (the OTHER site), I own 06 FullFat with 60K, VERY active on Jaguar forum (owned few X308s and DIY them).

There are only few things I like more than a good challenge. So I went out yesterday, and purchased 2002 Freelander with 94K on the clock. MINT cosmetical condition, with brand new tires. Cute little SUV (for my wife to play with), with a catch,..........dead battery, AND .....(drum roll)......NO START! According to the original owner, SOMEONE tried to replace the timing belt, and timed it WRONG! (pretty common, right?) In most cases, that means bent valves, but NOT ALWAYS. And I speak from the experience here! My 1998 X308 VDP broke a secondary chain back in October, and against all advices, I did not junk the engine, BEFORE I checked the compression. Turned out, the compression was great, no bent valves, and a $300 fix.

So I decided to buy this (for a pocket change), and play with it. I'll find the appropriate forum for this little Hippo, and get on it!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... best thing for the hippo is find a motor that will drop in say a diesel...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac