New OEM Lug Nuts or Gorilla Lug Nuts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
M14 x 1.5 is the correct internal thread.

The link below is to a metric drawing of the lug nuts for my LR3, the same as the jpg attached but with more data.

I think they are the same for the LR4.

The inch drawing in the post above appears about correct.

The important item is the "washer" that is fixed to the lug nut.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3801&pos=23

Lug Nut part no RRD 500290 outline sketch.JPG

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thoroughly confused myself searching the forum for guidance on which size Gorilla chrome lugs I need for my 2013 19" rims (pictured). Is it 75148R or 75147RB? What do they mean by bulk vs bag? I need a full set of 20.

Trying to see if I can find them on Amazon and take advantage of any Prime Days savings. TIA!

aly72239_lg.jpg

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somehow I just saw this thread. Good to know there are alternatives. One of mine got pretty bad and I had to hammer the socket on to get it out. I bought a new, OEM one and I'm good to go, but that may only be temporary.

Reminds me, the socket is still stuck to the old lug not. I need to get it unstuck.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somehow I just saw this thread. Good to know there are alternatives. One of mine got pretty bad and I had to hammer the socket on to get it out. I bought a new, OEM one and I'm good to go, but that may only be temporary.

Reminds me, the socket is still stuck to the old lug not. I need to get it unstuck.

During my last tire service, my mechanic mentioned how much he hated the capped OEM lugs and how they round off and cause problems. Just as he was torquing one of my lugs down, that exact thing happened. Since then I've been on borrowed time hoping that I don't get a flat on that wheel. The Gorilla lugs are highly rated and are solid w/o the cap.

Might be better overall to get a new socket vs the time and effort to extract the lug from the old one. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo