New OEM Lug Nuts or Gorilla Lug Nuts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a chance of snow this weekend, I decided it was time to put on the Nokian winter tires and take off the nearly bald Michelin Premier LTX tires. Plus it was warm enough today to wash all the brake dust off the inside of the wheels.

Anyway, these OEM lug nuts are getting annoying. Some of the tin caps are bent out of shape so it's either hard to get the socket over the caps or the caps get stuck in the socket.

Do I buy a few new LR OEM lug nuts or change all 20 to Gorilla Lug nuts? Also, I would need chrome lug nuts and the chrome Gorilla lug nuts are only $40. (Black are $100) Anybody have good or bad experience with Gorilla lug nuts?

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gorilla solid ones are fantastic. Go with those and don't look back. They have the same shape as OEM, but are solid.

Efaucher

Reaction score
same question. I need new ones and was looking at Gorilla but couldn't figure out the right ones.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go on eBay and search for "LR4 Gorilla Nuts", they'll pop up. These are it, anyway:

s-l500.jpg

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you are getting the correct style & seat if you need chrome. The Gorilla chromes on eBay for $40/set are NOT correct for the factory wheels, the cheap lugs are cone seat, not flat seat. Yes, I know the listing claims "fits LR4" but not with factory wheels:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/91743-Gori...one-Seat-Lug-Nut-and-Lock-System/231880004890

$40 sounds about right for one wheel, not a full set of 20.

o_O

Last edited:

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gorilla website is pretty bad... no search feature, no catalog that I could find, but anyway - see attached photo.

AFAICT the 75147RB at Summit is a bag of 4, so you may need 5 bags, plus an "additional shipping charge" which bumps the total to $155 for a set of 20. Unless I'm missing something? Oddly, it appears cheaper to buy 20 individual lugs from Summit, cart shows $140 total.

:cool:

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/lug-nuts-page-09

Gorilla_75147.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM