New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, I know the recall doesn't involve the tank itself. I just saw others mention replacing the tank while at it. I was wondering if this was based on any known history of failure or decay.
The tank is plastic, no reason to replace it

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got letters for my LR4 and RRS. Waiting to schedule repair for LR4. Waiting for 2nd letter for my RRS as I paid for the repair about 4 months ago.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I still had my CPO warranty and would schedule repairs with my local dealer, it was always at least 2 weeks out. Many times it was more.

I can't imagine how far out they'll be scheduling this if every LR4 and RRS owner gets one of these letters. One service tech could maybe do 4 to 5 of these a day, assuming no major snags? I wonder if they won't use "authorized" independent mechanics to help out?

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local JLR dealer in Boise is showing a bit over 3 weeks out for the next available service appointment.

That's better than Mercedes of Boise, which was 4 weeks out back in July, bumped to 8 weeks out in Sept/Oct, and currently is showing 4 months out. That's right, next available MB appointment is early March 7, 2022. The excuse in September was they are losing employees and are unable to replace them. Pre-COVID, typical timeframe was 5-10 days.

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it make sense to replace in tank pump and filter while this is being done?
I think the culprit 'flange' and the fuel filter are all one piece/part (Fuel Tank Dust Cover Filter) so a new filter should be covered. Depending on your mileage maybe do the fuel pump as well...at least have them test the pressure...that's what I will be asking them to do. The old part:

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they won't use "authorized" independent mechanics to help out?
Now THAT makes a whole lotta sense with potentially 110k+ vehicles to fix (which means they won't do it). Besides the dealers are probably rubbing their hands together in anticipation $$.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now THAT makes a whole lotta sense with potentially 110k+ vehicles to fix (which means they won't do it). Besides the dealers are probably rubbing their hands together in anticipation $$.

I bet the dealer network is already sitting on a huge stock of the defective gas tank parts, but they are still waiting for their cabin air filters, Gucci Castrol oil, wiper blades, and other assorted stuff to "upsell" the people bringing their Rovers in for service.

Papa

Reaction score
Has anybody successfully had this issue repaired by their dealer under the recall? I am getting a strong fuel smell in the garage and would like to find remedy ASAP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA