New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or they are waiting for water pumps/crossovers to reduce the numbers... Every day there are less LR4s on the road.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to the recall notice, the cracked flange might cause the MIL to light up. I’m guessing it would be an evap leak detection code. From what I’ve read, however, most people just start smelling fuel.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me two years ago-smelled gas outside around the back end. This went on for a day or so then took it to the dealer for "repair". No warning lights.
Just FYI for others who have had this "repaired", this with the old part, so your vehicle still needs to be repaired correctly. I called LRNA last month and they are still waiting for parts. When parts come, dealers will take appointments for the recall service and refund if you had the repair done for same issue.

cannondale900

Reaction score
Dropped my LR4 off at the dealer this morning for LCA bushings and they told me that the recall had now been approved and they would do that while they had it in for bushings. I still have yet to get a CEL for it or smell fuel, but i didnt mention that

Called my dealer this morning and they verified parts are in stock. Will be replacing lower control arms this week at home and will bring it to them for fuel pump replacement at same time they replace the retaining ring......and alignment.

Last edited:

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this was asked before, but needs to be asked again... do the dealerships now have UPDATED part numbers with improved design, so the recall work only has to be performed once? Last year the answer was "no, same old defective parts".

:hmmmm:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that was what the delay was about: waiting on an updated part.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that was what the delay was about: waiting on an updated part.
Correct. But I'd want explicit confirmation of updated parts before scheduling the appointment...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA