New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure seems like it could be related to the work - in fact, seems very likely related to me. I think the ”check gas cap” light is triggered when the EVAP system detects the tank is not holding pressure when it runs a pressure test. I assume a poorly sealed fuel tank flange (the very component they just replaced) also can cause a leak. Maybe others here have better info.

Oh - and everyone has to have the tank dropped - that’s the only way to do it. But not everyone is taking 3 days to get it done.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped mine off this morning. Should be done today. If I get a CEL on mine and the dealership tries to deny responsibility, I'm cracking some skulls.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a text about an hour ago saying mine was done already. Around 3 hours checks out, assuming they started on it right after I dropped it off.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm no recall in Canada. I guess it isn't a problem up here lol.

callin

Reaction score
mine took three days as well. when I picked it up and got home later that evening, lowering to access height resulted in a air venting sounds like you pull the plug on a home pancake compressor. took it back to JLR and after they looked, said an improper jack point in the compressor guard pinched a hose. they said they only use round jacks, so the square looking imprint on the compressor housing couldn't have been from them.

anyway they stuck some JB weld on the hose (for free) and now the system works correctly again.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Improper jack point on the compressor guard resulted in compressor bracket failure for me. Luckily no air line damage or significant vibrator damage (just bent mounting tabs). If you get a chance, have a look at the compressor after removing the cover (3x 10mm head bolts).

Balto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is scheduled for next week. They are saying 2 days

Really wonder why some are 3 hours and others take up to 3 days.

tacos&beer

Reaction score
Well the check gas cap warnings since having the recall work performed have now changed to the check engine light. Will be going back to the dealer ....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA