New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@tacos&beer Not sure what your car is at for years/mileage is, but if you are still in CA and under 7/70000, this should be covered under the CA emissions warranty if they won’t cover it as their own mistake (including all diagnostics, parts, and labor).

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what parts were changed on mine pursuant to the recall:

Flange Work.JPG

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they are NOT replacing the low-pressure fuel pump, it sounds like. As I understand it, the one and only fuel filter is in the fuel tank as well? Are they replacing that?

tacos&beer

Reaction score
@tacos&beer Not sure what your car is at for years/mileage is, but if you are still in CA and under 7/70000, this should be covered under the CA emissions warranty if they won’t cover it as their own mistake (including all diagnostics, parts, and labor).
Unfortunately Im at 76,000 miles. They took it in today to review what's going on - we shall see...

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm scheduled to have this done in a couple of days. I am still confused about what all gets replaced in that assembly.

Especially the fuel filter: it feels ridiculous to me to have the filter on top of the tank, but I gather that's the only one. Is it part of the assembly, or do I have to request that they replace that as part of this process? Also, should I have the low-pressure pump replaced, or is it also part of this assembly?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR175172 was replaced on mine. Invoice says it's a fuel pump, but a google search doesn't turn up much.

EDIT: a post on Discoweb says that part number is a filter. No idea, though.

Last edited:

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this service done yesterday. No great surprises, but I was able to talk to the service tech about what all got replaced as part of this. The assembly is really just the filter, and the LP pump is a separate part in the tank and was not replaced. He said that at 50k, he wouldn’t replace that anyway. No issues so far, but I haven’t filled the tank yet so I’m still crossing my fingers.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mt kicso land rover in NY saying they havent received any parts to do the recalls

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 LR4. My job took 2 days. Took it in with a full tank. They did the work. We ran the tank down to 1/4. Filled the tank this morning and now my garage is filled with fuel fumes. I never experienced any issues prior to the service. Heading back there to the dealer now.

Update: at the dealer now and the service advisor said: “One thing Ive noticed recently with doing so much of these fuel tank flange recall's is that due to the age of the vehicle's the plastic connecters (which are a quick style connect type) are brittle and can have cracks due to their age and I have seen them break, not related to the recall. Lets inspect it and find out whats going on.”

Update 2: Definitely a fuel leak now (which I knew). Dealer is keeping the truck and will pull everything apart again this week. They gave me a loaner to drive in the meantime. Said “we’ve seen a few of these where the fix for the recall causes another issue” and they’re going to see if they can get this all factored into the recall price back to JLR so it’s not coming out of my pocket.

I actually hesitated to go in and fix this because of the old “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” rule. That may actually be the best course of action - wait if and until an actual issue arises and THEN leverage the recall….

Update 3: The loaner is a 2020+ Range Rover Evooque. Not even close to being as cool as the LR4.

Last edited:

Ryan00TJ

Reaction score
I actually hesitated to go in and fix this because of the old “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” rule. That may actually be the best course of action - wait if and until an actual issue arises and THEN leverage the recall….

This is how we are proceeding. No problems so far on our 16' LR4.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut