New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As it stands at this very moment (ha ha, it changes every second) I'm going with the Blizzaks as well. I get a really good deal on them from my local shop and they can't barter at all on the Nokian's plus I've read nothing but good about them. I'll have them on for 4 months a year and only put about 700 miles a month on them during those months so they should last a while :biggrin:

Good for you!!!

I might order them through Tirerack. They come out to less than $688 including shipping. I'm first going to contact a couple shops around here see what they offer.

I will most likely use them to drive to Quebec a couple times this year so it seems to be a necessity at this point.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you!!!

I might order them through Tirerack. They come out to less than $688 including shipping. I'm first going to contact a couple shops around here see what they offer.

I will most likely use them to drive to Quebec a couple times this year so it seems to be a necessity at this point.

I always found that my local shops would match Tirerack pricing. I typically go in with the price from TR, add $35 (10 for shipping and 25 for M&B each) and try and see if they'll match the whole package for the same number with tax, installed and out the door...always seems to work.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always found that my local shops would match Tirerack pricing. I typically go in with the price from TR, add $35 (10 for shipping and 25 for M&B each) and try and see if they'll match the whole package for the same number with tax, installed and out the door...always seems to work.

I will give it a try. Thanks Rovernut.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for those of you with 19 in wheels the best all season tire by far is the nokian wrg2. Its actually the only all season tire in the world that gets a snow flake, meaning its qualifies as a true snow but can also be driven in 100 degree heat. you can get about 25 to 30k miles out of a set. ive used the on bimmers, audis, rovers, and they are simply the best.

http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=11899&group=1.01&name=Nokian+WRG2

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received my 5 Blizzak tires from Tirerack in the stock size. Will probably wait to mount them in November. They look great though.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received my 5 Blizzak tires from Tirerack in the stock size. Will probably wait to mount them in November. They look great though.

I am about to order them. $170 a tire seems pretty cheap for great tires.
Who do you use to install them?
Land Rover Hanover service quoted me $990 for 4 tires and install!!!

Axel

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Axel

Snow tires should be cheaper... they don't last as long. The soft compound is great for colder temps, but they also wear quickly as a result.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Axel

I was going to have Peabody do mine because they owe me some warranty work on the rear ladder that I haven't scheduled. Was going to probably get an alignment done at the same time. I'll let you know though.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to have Peabody do mine because they owe me some warranty work on the rear ladder that I haven't scheduled. Was going to probably get an alignment done at the same time. I'll let you know though.

Thank you. I'm going to contact LR Hanover and find out how much they charge for install and balancing.

Wusty

Reaction score
I ended up deciding on the Blizzak DMV1's as well. Too good of a price at $170 for an excellent tire. I seriously can't wait for it to snow to buy em' and put em' on. I'm also going to do a 4 wheel alignment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635