New Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basheerl

Reaction score
Hello, what is the best tire for the LR4. I have 23000 mil, on my 2011 LR4 and need to replace already. Any advise?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, what is the best tire for the LR4. I have 23000 mil, on my 2011 LR4 and need to replace already. Any advise?
You will definitely find some help on this forum in regards to tires. First, please let us know a bit more about how you use your LR4, etc. For example, do you have to drive in a lot of rain, snow, ice? Do you go off roading at all or only street driving?

Give us a few more details and I am sure people will be happy to help. I have the Cooper Zeon LTZs on my LR4 - these are a nice on/off-road combination tire. If you do only street driving and some snow/ice, then you would likely want to opt for a different tire.

Let us know!

basheerl

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I live in New Jersey and do mainly street driving however I need an all season tire for rain,snow, ice. we camp out 3 to 4 times a year.

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Had the Pirelli Scorpion Verde's installed on my LR4 (2010) this past June. Replaced the OEM's at about 26K miles. I really stretched the OEM's about 2K more then I should have, they were practically bald when I replaced them. The Pirelli's are MUCH better at just about everything, then the Conti's. They are a "low rolling resistance tire" designed for All Season use, and improved fuel mileage. They are also much quieter then the Conti's, and better wet traction (rain) as well. Have not had the chance to drive them in the snow yet, but I suspect they'll out-perform the Conti's in that regard as they have a more "all season" type tread pattern. They are made of a much higher treadwear compound, so I'm expecting they'll last longer. Oddly enough, they were cheaper then the Conti's as well.

I was able to negotiate pricing with my LR dealer and they simply sourced them / installed them for me. I probably could have saved about $200 if I'd had them installed by a tirerack install partner, but I liked the idea of the dealer making sure the TPM system is set correctly, and that they took responsibility of the balance / install, etc. I recently had someone try and install 20" tires on my sons Tahoe, and they "f'd" it up and scratched his 20's but would not take responsibility for the damage. Aside from that, they had all kinds of trouble getting them balanced. For that experience alone, I felt the extra $200 was worth the effort to just let the dealer do it.

cheers,

Joe

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a good thread and I hope others will update in the future.

I have almost 31k on my original tires and looking at the tread depth they should easily make it thru the winter. Next time I will be looking for something that is a bit quieter and that handles a bit better in light snow.

Jim

LR4mywife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a good thread and I hope others will update in the future.

I have almost 31k on my original tires and looking at the tread depth they should easily make it thru the winter. Next time I will be looking for something that is a bit quieter and that handles a bit better in light snow.

Jim

Jim, yours were the Conti's? If so, you did very well on the 31K miles. My best friend had an 06 RRS that had the same tire (different size I think) and he ran the Conti's out at 20K. I know its very subjective to "type of use", but I like the comparisons, and hearing others experiences. So far, I love the Perelli's, and am looking forward to how they perform this coming winter.

Cheers,

Joe

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, yours were the Conti's? If so, you did very well on the 31K miles. My best friend had an 06 RRS that had the same tire (different size I think) and he ran the Conti's out at 20K. I know its very subjective to "type of use", but I like the comparisons, and hearing others experiences. So far, I love the Perelli's, and am looking forward to how they perform this coming winter.

Cheers,

Joe

Joe
Yes mine are the Conti's. I was very surprised after reading several threads here that I will be getting close to 35K out of them. I do not do a lot of stop and go and avoid braking in a curve.

Jim

JArlington

Reaction score
I was going to a tire store to get replacement tires but I am concerned they need to know what to do with the air suspension system. Any procedures needed to say, turn the air suspension system off? Any advice much appreciated!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112