New To the Rover World! (2009 LR3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpradleyLR3

Reaction score
Good morning to all of you! I'm joining this world with a 2009 LR3 and I'm totally looking for some diagnostic help! I love the ride and want to maintain it well by resolving some of these inconsistent concerns. I'll try to find some previously posted threads with similar content before inquiring about the issues; however, I'll list the troubles vaguely:
  • intermittent amber "suspension fault - normal height only"
  • intermittent instrument cluster (goes black)
  • intermittent oil pressure light
  • intermittent service engine light (PO402,441,420,430)
  • oil spray around rear drive shaft near transfer case
It's probable that these intermittent issues (all but the drive shaft) are in fact actual issues that need to be corrected; but it seems that I'm dealing with something electrical and would like to rule that out first. I've replaced two Bosch batteries in 3 years.

Anyway, looking forward to finding some help and counsel!

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Just some quick help to start you off . . .

• intermittent amber "suspension fault - normal height only"
compressor may need service/rebuild/cleaning desiccant - may have a leak (dryer cap? valve block? airbag?)
  • intermittent instrument cluster (goes black)
Loose connection, wire, or solder joint on back of cluster?
  • intermittent oil pressure light
dipstick seal? oil filler seal? correct weight, level, condition? new OP sender?
be careful driving with the OP light on :-|

OR, these 3 problems above could possibly be water getting in at your windshield cowl causing electrical gremlins on dash components?

• intermittent service engine light (PO402,441,420,430)
P0402, look at EGR valve
P0441, look at gas cap
P0420, 0430, look at downstream O2 sensors, exhaust leak, cats (any recent misfires?)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72