New water leak!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a week of rain here in Oregon, my LR3 has decided to let some of the water in. I suspect the sunroof drain tubes, but the garage are going to look at it on Tuesday. It is very mild at the moment.

If I had a covered place to pull stuff apart i would do it myself, but no such luxury!

Bloody rain!

Right, moan over, as you all were!

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not fun!
I had a wet passenger floor only one time last June. I got home from the trip and checked the sunroof drains and they all seemed good. My windshield cowl is warped and I was parked on a downslope when it happened but it hasn't happened since.

If it does happen to me again I will first get my windshield replaced because there is a good chip in it and then order a new cowl.

To dry mine I lifted the carpet, shop vac'd, towel dried and put a DampRid bag hanging in there.

Where was the moisture on your leak?
Good luck!

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, today I pulled the headliner down and I could see the drip coming down from where the drain tube attaches to the sunroof assembly, when I detached the tube I could see that it was split right where the tube attaches.

Oddly enough, the tube was dry.

I poked a wire in to the assembly and some water came out.

So. I am sure the tray has some crap in it.

The drain needs replacing, I spliced in some vinyl tubing as a short term fix.

Fun times!

To make things worse, someone broke into our ford expedition yesterday.... Grrrrrr...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sunroof drain issue is well-known and you can find help on this forum by doing a search. The drain ends need to be clipped and they need to be blown out.

The cowl issue has an internal fix, too. Some extra baffling can be created to guide the water ingress away from the heater box.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I have the new style drains, the drain was split at the top where it connects to the tray and there was some kind of blockage in the tray area.

I'll let the local independent replace the drain hose and clear out the tray. I just don't have the tools or time :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112