Newbie ? Difference between HSE and SE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

backpain

You can get the controls on the SE in the rear, my kids haven't found them yet...

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You cannot add the Navigation system at this time.

A lot of misinformation in this thread.

You can get an SE with the nav, I have one.

The differences between the SE and HSE are as follows:

HSE has the adaptive font headlights.
HSE has the memory seats and pass side mirror tilt (ala my 911 turbo .. in fact the same damn buttons).

That's it. Anything else can be had as an option on the SE. My wifes fully loaded SE is only about a grand less than the HSE ... which we would have had to wait unitl March for. Instead we have had her SE since November. Fantastic truck.

S

SteveA

I didn't think that anyone said you could not get an SE with navigation.

What I said was you cannot add the Navigation system to the vehicle after production. Yes, it is a factory option, but it is not a dealer installed option at this time.

Actually to be correct steve c, there are a few other items that are not available on the SE from the factory. The HSE also has 19" wheels, rain-sensing wipers, puddle and footwell lamps, and the 13 speaker 600 watt upgraded harmon/kardon ICE. None of these items can be ordered on the SE. The HSE comes standard with Bi-Xenon headlamps (which is an option on the SE), but the HSE's are not currently being built with the adaptive lighting feature (at least not in build weeks 48-06).

Please do not accuse me of misinformation by taking my quote out of context. Also make sure that the information you post as being accurate is completely correct.

Stephen

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SteveA said:
Actually to be correct steve c, there are a few other items that are not available on the SE from the factory. The HSE also has 19" wheels, rain-sensing wipers, puddle and footwell lamps, and the 13 speaker 600 watt upgraded harmon/kardon ICE. None of these items can be ordered on the SE. The HSE comes standard with Bi-Xenon headlamps (which is an option on the SE), but the HSE's are not currently being built with the adaptive lighting feature (at least not in build weeks 48-06).

Please do not accuse me of misinformation by taking my quote out of context. Also make sure that the information you post as being accurate is completely correct.

Stephen

Ummm, NOT totally accurate. My SE has rain sensing wipers and the footwell lamps. It is part of the bi xenon upgrade.

S

SteveA

Wow, all of the info from Land Rover indicates that the Lighting package for the SE includes Bi-xenon lamps, automatic headlamps, headlamp washers, fog lamps, auto dimming rearview mirror and the homelink system (not the wipers or footwell lamps). This info is straight from Land Rover's brochure and sales training information. I have 3 SEs on the lot right now with the Lighting package and none have the rainsensing wipers. I have not seen the rainsensing wipers on an SE. There is a difference between the interior lighting on the floor of the SE and the footwell lamps on the HSE.

Is yours an early production model? Is it NA spec?

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchased the SE in November, certainly assume it is NA spec. I've never been in an HSE, so the interior lighting might be different. Regardless, my SE does have the rain sensing wipers...they were doing their thing on the way in to work this morning.

S

SteveA

I think you may have a very unusual car. If you got it in November, it certainly was one of the first produced. They really made some unusual combinations, and with the first allocations, they really gave us little choice as far as how the cars were configured. On your window sticker, does it list that feature seperately or is it listed in a description under the lighting package? If it's grouped in there, what was the price for that option package?

How well does this feature work? The standard variable intermittent function has a road speed dependent adjustment for the delay. Some of the 04 Range Rovers with this feature had problems with not working due to the sensor. Where is the sensor located in your car?

S

SteveA

Here is the official word on the rain sensing wipers from Land Rover's North American Technical Help Line: LRNA decided to include rain sensing wipers with the Lighting Package option. That option package includes the auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink built into it. This mirror is also used in the current Range Rover, and in that application it includes the optical sensor for the wipers. LRNA felt that if this mirror was going to be used they might as well include that feature on SE's with the upgrade. This was decided too late to change any of the sales materials.

So the bottom line is this, rain sensing wipers are not a stand alone option on the SE, but are included in the Lighting package option group. That's what these forums are good for. I never would have know this if this topic hadn't come up.

Just to let everyone know, Land Rover has currently turned off the option of the cooler box. It will NOT be available at least through April production. They say that at that time, they will re-evaluate the situation.

Stephen

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99