No left signal/brake on trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmoraski

Reaction score
I have an '05 HSE to which I added a towing wiring harness. From the start, the right turn signal and brake light worked on the trailer (4-pin harness); the running lights and left signal/brake light were dead. I dug around and found that fuse 14 behind the glovebox was blown. Replacing that revived the running lights. More digging and owner's manualing led me to spend several fruitless minutes looking for the "supplemental fuse block" for towing electronics in the left rear panel where the tow hitch normally resides. I found no such block, then went to Google and found one reference here to the towing fuses actually being behind the glove box. I see only the main fuse panel there, which had only the single blown fuse (which wasn't labeled running lights). I don't see the six fuses mentioned in the manual.

Any ideas?

Rich

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone locate the six fuses supposed to be located in the left rear hitch storage area? I have the factory hitch package on my March 2005 build SE-V8 and I can't locate these, although their functions seem to be controlled by fuses 8 and 14 in the passenger fuse panel.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no supplemental fuse box in NAS LR3's

The supplemental fuse box is common on the non LR3 vehicles - the EU and Australian D3 vehicles that have the dual socket 13 pin rear connector setup.

I presume you have an LR3 with the 7 pin + 4 pin connector.

The link below is to some material re the North America Spec LR3 trailer wiring. A couple of the files are pdf's of the trailer wiring right from the battery to the socket. Also covered is how to hook up the electric brake controller to the "Ford" connector located under the steering wheel area.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=4497

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, bbyer

Exactly what I was looking for!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member