Noob with emblem question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McAnally

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
We purchased a 05 LR3 SE a couple days ago and the emblems on the back are discolored. I was wondering if anyone here has taken them off before and if so do these emblems have posts that will leave a holes in the tailgate or are the simply held on with adhesive only and I can just remove the emblems without having to replace them immediately after? I'd hate to do this today and be stuck with a few small holes making the back look even worse. Thanks in advance for any help you all can offer.

McAnally

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm planning on doing this either this weekend or the next. I'll put up some pictures when I'm done. I have to say I have not been this excited about a vehicle since I got my first motorcycle. Just wish I knew of some good trails around here to play around on. Sadly I think there are only beaches.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Hey im a new LR3 owner I jus purchased a 2005 LR3 with 45,000 miles I got it for 14,500 and was curious why my emblem was black and not the traditional green which is located on the back and on the front grill...what is the difference between the black logo and green and also my car is all black on black..appreciate all replies

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey im a new LR3 owner I jus purchased a 2005 LR3 with 45,000 miles I got it for 14,500 and was curious why my emblem was black and not the traditional green which is located on the back and on the front grill...what is the difference between the black logo and green and also my car is all black on black..appreciate all replies

To me, it sounds like someone had replaced the factory green emblems with some aftermarket black ones, which denote SUPERCHARGED Range Rover or Range Rover Sport. To my knowledge, no LR3's left the factory with black Land Rover emblems.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Ahhh so does that mean it's a bad thing? The front driver side and passenger side windows are tinted to match the back and sun and moon roof windows...also should I go with the Crome side vent and mirror caps and Mayb get the words land rover on the hood painted silver it is currently all black the vent and mirrors as well are black...Also I wana update the inside it's an 2005 so the wood look is fading and the green dash lights look cheap I Wana Mayb get that blue light and get the xeon lights put on right now I have stock lights which also look cheap....any suggestions I'm a noob and this is my first land rover and I paid cash for this so I Wana make it look great...again I appreciate any suggestions and or comments! Thanks alot!

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All Star could you post some pics of your rig? Sounds pretty sweet looking, by your description.

ALL-STAR1

Reaction score
Def could I jus have pics on my iPhone 4 of my LR but I'm not sure how to get them uploaded on here...I tried sending them to my email but my phone is bein ******** and won't send to my email so I can upload them here...I'll try n upload frm my cell I don't kno if I can do that with this site though...and my LR is really clean but it needs some flare a touch of me it's basically an empty canvas if u will...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635