Normal Air Compressor operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carguy 67

Reaction score
I am looking for input as to normal operation for the air compressor and would love to hear others experience. I just had my compressor bracket replaced after I put the jack in the wrong spot and broke it. Now it seems like the compressor works okay but when i start the car it will just run and run until i move. Afterward when I stop it is silent for awhile but will intermittently turn on off even if i am not moving. It has full functionality and the car will rise and fall with no apparent probs when u activate the suspension, so was just wondering if i am being crazy or it is still messed up. I never really thought to pay attention to it before but now I am curious. Thanks

horns

Reaction score
I'm not sure what "normal" is, but in my 4 weeks behind the wheel, the only time I hear the air compressor during normal operation is if I just get out of the car when I have had an additional load in the back (people / groceries, etc..).

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's about how mine is....I wouldn't worry. Especially since you're under warranty still.

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear mine running upon start up sometimes. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72