O2 codes...again!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Menefee1029

Reaction score
I have these codes, P1129, p0130,P0150,P0174,P1174. I installed new o2 sensors about four months ago. But here is what I did, and this May be the cause: I used engine cleaner on Sunday to clean up the grime and dirt and used a high pressure washer to rinse it. Additionally on Sunday, I filled up with super unleaded fuel. Normally I use plus fuel or the mid grade.

Could I have simply gotten oil and crap in the connector of the o2 pigtails or could it be the change in fuel? It kind of stumbles at red lights with the air conditioning on since Sunday.

Advise? Experience with this issue? I've read other threads and most say to change the sensors. But I think that in this case I could be the "fault code"

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did these codes pop up after cleaning the engine? You can not use any of the engine cleaners on any of the wire harness or especially the connections.
Are you valve covers leaking, which foul out your 02 connectors.
I would suggest you start cleaning all your connection with electric contact cleaner and then put die electric inside of all the connections.
Worst case you do have a 1 year warranty on the 02 sensors.

Menefee1029

Reaction score
Yes. The codes appeared after the cleaning. Also that's when she started to idle rough at the light with the air on. I'll clean the terminals and let ya know if it clears it up.

Side question: what do you think of the LYNX diagnostic? I'm looking to get a better tool than the POS scanner I got at O'reilly Auto parts. I'd like one that allows me to view live data like O2 sensors and such.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the future never use a cleaner on your engine except for heavy build ups, also you high pressure cold water only.
For the most part, D2's love water except if you have the original plug wires.
Check both 02 connection for oil or grease.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak