Oct 2-3, 9-10th trips offering :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I am sitting here all grumpied up - weather is too nice and i stuck with finishing up two projects and no end is ahead. So i am starting to invent things :)

Oct 2-3: (Colorado, Silveron/Buena Vista : Medium + Easy trails)

Iterniary #1:
Oct2: Meet up at cofee house (one right next to 550 and gas station) in Silverton around 11am, do Stony Pass, do side trip to Bear City Lake (or whatever it called), having some snack, then go back to Silverton in time for tea or so.

Iterniary #2:
Extension of #1 - do Stony pass, no side trip to lake, go through (there are some nice spots in forest - gotta be muddy too). Then take easy dirt road trail to St. Elmo area (4-5 hours to my recollection of map), camp/lodge - mushroom hunting? :)
Next day: Meet up. Cumberland pass (?) + Tincup pass(?) and head back home..

Oct 9-10th (Utah, Moab):
Iterniary #1:
Meet up in City Market's Lot at around 2pm. Do Top Of The World trail ( no side trips to Gardens i thank you :)). If time permits, possibly, do Fisher Towers/Onion Creek (as it by then shall be darn pretty in sundawn and i never did that one). Camp/lodge.
Next day: Meet up. Sand Flats trail (goes from back of sand flats rec. area and to 285 via La Sals. Pretty easy except for few spots where mud can be issue).
Iterniary#2: anything, as far as its not on really hard stuff that can get bloody thing broken. Gotta be back by monday :)

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sergei said:
Ok. I am sitting here all grumpied up - weather is too nice and i stuck with finishing up two projects and no end is ahead. So i am starting to invent things :)

Oct 2-3: (Colorado, Silveron/Buena Vista : Medium + Easy trails)

Iterniary #1:
Oct2: Meet up at cofee house (one right next to 550 and gas station) in Silverton around 11am, do Stony Pass, do side trip to Bear City Lake (or whatever it called), having some snack, then go back to Silverton in time for tea or so.

Iterniary #2:
Extension of #1 - do Stony pass, no side trip to lake, go through (there are some nice spots in forest - gotta be muddy too). Then take easy dirt road trail to St. Elmo area (4-5 hours to my recollection of map), camp/lodge - mushroom hunting? :)
Next day: Meet up. Cumberland pass (?) + Tincup pass(?) and head back home..

Oct 9-10th (Utah, Moab):
Iterniary #1:
Meet up in City Market's Lot at around 2pm. Do Top Of The World trail ( no side trips to Gardens i thank you :)). If time permits, possibly, do Fisher Towers/Onion Creek (as it by then shall be darn pretty in sundawn and i never did that one). Camp/lodge.
Next day: Meet up. Sand Flats trail (goes from back of sand flats rec. area and to 285 via La Sals. Pretty easy except for few spots where mud can be issue).
Iterniary#2: anything, as far as its not on really hard stuff that can get bloody thing broken. Gotta be back by monday :)
Could maybe do Moab. I need to completely redo my rear shocks. I have major issues, but I could maybe make it.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sam - what issues? May be i may help with something?

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to do the Moab trip as well, but I will be in Miami Oct 5th - Oct 10th, and in Vancouver WA the next weekend.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. Thats easy :)

We can get there in end of Oct as well :) I will got to go to DC at some point in mid Oct, but end is open so far.

What you folkz doing on say 23-24 or 30-31?

PS : Troy, what the heck you r u doing, flying around there? :)

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sergei said:
PS : Troy, what the heck you r u doing, flying around there? :)
Miami is for a Blue Martini Worldwide User's Conference (the CRM/e-commerce software that I have been heavily involved in developing with over the last 4 years).

Vancouver is for a job interview, 2.0...

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh? If you looking for job - and got Java under yer belt - we may have something for ya :)
Always on lookout for people who willing to pull long hours, you see...

We are java shop, with branches in Durango and Dallas. Lots of different directions, including travel industry and multimedia presentions & etc.. :) Small company, warm atmosphere & etc :)

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blue Martini is J2EE and JSP (I have also done a little bit with Struts) - but I have been doing Java now for 6'ish years and am looking to get more into IT management. 4 people reporting to me, but I am still the senior/lead developer. Taking my time, being picky about where I go next. What is the name of your company?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy - i know what blue martini is :) I once looked it up after you posted link (cant remember for what reason :)). We aint really doing full blown J2EE - tried and gave up, as it sucks. Too much fluff and pretty small use. We looking for people in development field, most of time its work alone or in very tiny team (2-3 developers), so there isnt much management overhead. Site is http://www.xxi.com, not sure how up to date it is or if its got any good info - havent looked at it for ages.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So time is upon us. Anyone coming? We havent done Stony Pass last week due heavy rains, so if no one is up for Moab we may swap trips for later.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM