OEM brush bar install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timtiedemann

Reaction score
This brush bar was installed yesterday at a Land Rover Dealer. It appears to me that it was not installed correctly. Can anyone tell me, after reviewing the pictures, if it was a proper installation or not?

Last edited:

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed one myself. The holes are not easy to get right because you have to covert mm to inches. The first one I drilled was a little off, but nothing anyone else would notice but me. The gap you have there on the bottom of the bumper is not NOT ok. The gap on the front of the bumper is, because that's the only way to tighten the bolt. Mine fits flush on the bottom. Not sure where the disconnect is. Only thing I can think of is they tightened the hardware out of sequence. Loosen it all up and see if you can't get it reset.

Are you sure the vehicle hasn't been in a minor accident? Any pressure on the bar at all could cause it to shift. Just a thought.

timtiedemann

Reaction score
I installed one myself. The holes are not easy to get right because you have to covert mm to inches. The first one I drilled was a little off, but nothing anyone else would notice but me. The gap you have there on the bottom of the bumper is not NOT ok. The gap on the front of the bumper is, because that's the only way to tighten the bolt. Mine fits flush on the bottom. Not sure where the disconnect is. Only thing I can think of is they tightened the hardware out of sequence. Loosen it all up and see if you can't get it reset.

Are you sure the vehicle hasn't been in a minor accident? Any pressure on the bar at all could cause it to shift. Just a thought.

The 2006 was purchased in 2007 with 8,000 miles from a dealer who used it as a loaner. They sold it as new and didn't say anything about an accident so I am assuming, no.

When I picked it up, the shop guys and service guys had already gone home for the day. I have to go back and have the lights mounted to the brush bar in a few days. I guess I will ask them to fix it. I am just surprised that the dealer can do such a sloppy installation. Labor cost me like $400, too.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has that little gap too, it is smaller than yours though. The holes cut in the bumper are a pain in the a$$ and they are a little bigger than the mount on mine as well. I actually missed the mark by a little bit and had to file some of the bumper away. I would suggest loosening the bottom and tightening the bumper mounts, then going back and tightening the bottom.

I installed myself. Took out a few old folks and hondas so far without a problem.

Last edited:

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its fine -- same as mine

Same as mine -- slight gap in between the actual flat bottom bracket on the bar and the holes are drilled slightly too high. If you really wanted to make an issue about the holes, you probably could, but after I installed mine, I had the same problem. I looked at a half dozen of them that Land Rover nashville installed, all the same. I am extremely picky about my truck and this type of stuff, I no longer notice it (and a little door ding will drive me ape for a year).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99