Off Road Fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at sliders in 2010. RS would be my first choice.

My sidesteps have been bent up a few times and have not caused any damage to my sills (as far as I can tell). It's worth mentioning though that I've spent money re-enforcing them, essentially with their own skid plate. When they do get tweaked up (and this takes a fairly good force) I just stomp on them until they are flat. ...probably not real good for the sub-frame (that's where I believe the bending/yielding occurs) but it only happens once or twice a year!

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am not in a financial position to make any accessory purchases. In the four years that I've owned my LR3, the only accessory I've purchased so far is a portable air compressor that cost under $100. However, my Christmas wish list is pretty long; if only Santa knew what a good boy I've been.

I'm not a member of a Land Rover club yet. The biggest thing holding me back is probably a lack of time.

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am not in a financial position to make any accessory purchases. In the four years that I've owned my LR3, the only accessory I've purchased so far is a portable air compressor that cost under $100. However, my Christmas wish list is pretty long; if only Santa knew what a good boy I've been.

I'm not a member of a Land Rover club yet. The biggest thing holding me back is probably a lack of time.

Does Santa answer requests for cash:biggrin: I've been feeling pretty fortunate to be able to get everything I could dream of for my Range Rover, but this is also the first time in my life that that has happened.... But Santa could give me some cash, or an LR3:biggrin:

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO, is that because of the smaller tires, it created enough space for the rock to get wedged up there. A bigger 31.5" tire such as the Coopers Zeons might not have allowed that to happen.

On another note, the High Country Sliders, while not quite as much protection as the Rover Specialties, have a good surface, and double well as side steps for getting in and out and don't look quite as aggressive.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, do you have the HiCountry Sliders? If so, could you post a few pics? I have been looking into those but hadn't heard much about them. Your refering the the guy up in Evergreen, CO right?

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, just as tire grooves pick up particular sized stones, that scenario could happen with a bigger tire, but just a smaller rock. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it though, there are many other devastating things that are far more likely to happen ;)

LROffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a few sets of tires which all picked up rocks, but never a rock that big..... You might as well have been struck by lightning:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4