Off Roading Photos...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finlay - did your LR4 come with the black package or did you add it after purchase?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finlay - did your LR4 come with the black package or did you add it after purchase?
Hi there!

I ordered my 2013 LR4 HSE Lux with the 19" black design package. My 2011 (that I traded in) did not have it, so I actually created it myself.

-David

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I ordered my 2013 LR4 HSE Lux with the 19" black design package. My 2011 (that I traded in) did not have it, so I actually created it myself.

-David

Thanks, David. For your 2011 - how did you remove the front lettering/badging? Did you heat each letter up with a hair dryer? Did the double-sided tape leave an outline for each letter?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, David. For your 2011 - how did you remove the front lettering/badging? Did you heat each letter up with a hair dryer? Did the double-sided tape leave an outline for each letter?
The letters came off pretty easily with a plastic sticker applicator (sort of like a credit card); however, I have also heard of people using floss to go behind the letters. I did heat them up a little with a hair dryer and it made it easier. Take a look at this thread for details on how to make sure you line up the letters correctly:

http://www.landroverworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24033&highlight=black+lettering

The double-sided tape did leave an outline in some cases, so I just used isopropyl alcohol and a lot of wiping and finally got all of the residue off to have a very clean surface.

The link above explains how I did the placement. You can buy the letters on eBay or directly from LRCentre online out of the UK. They have gloss and matte black. The rear LR4 was harder to find, so I took it off and painted it myself and then used 3M mounting to affix the LR4. You can find the "HSE", but it looked better if I did the whole back at once to match in color.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-David

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72