Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. Although, from the pictures I don't like the fascia as much as the current LR4, but I am sure it will grow on me.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autoblog ****** me off. No mention of the engine change at all. They don't even bother to read the press releases that they post about. Lazy ass reporting as usual.

avus9

Reaction score
So wait... They got rid of the two-bulb setup for the headlight, replacing the high beam with an LED turn signal indicator? I personally love the high beam output and light pattern in my 2012 LR4. Shame to see it go.
And what did they replace the front door mounted turn signal indicator with, now that the indicator is on the side view mirrors?
Just a bunch of needless/fussy exterior changes...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like they are getting rid of the "Land Rover" badge in front and replacing it with "Discovery". Am I ready that correctly? I know it's minor, but I don't like that at all! Since they might just call it "Discovery", then why not just put that in back?

I don't hate the new design, but I DEFINITELY prefer the 2010-2013 LR4 design since it's not quite as blingy and soft. I don't care for the outlined fog lights and new headlight design. I know this is just me being crazy, but it just doesn't look as "tough" with the refreshed headlights as the 2010-2013 version.

All of the new tech features don't interest me, but I wonder if they will have the turn dial gear shifter. I am looking forward to seeing the debut!

Oh, and the SC V6 looks like it's going to happen.

I am just beyond thrilled I got a 2013.

Last edited:

avus9

Reaction score
got this interesting tidbit from carscoops.com
...For instance, the engine variant will no longer be shown on the tailgate, moved instead on both of the front doors, in ingot form...
Really? They removed the door side indicators for some needless badging? Now that great character line/crease extending from the hood shutline becomes meaningless in design.

The new headlights remind me of those LA-style facelifts -- just unnatural how wide open those eyes look...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they'll use the Discovery badging on the hood of US bound vehicles, as the car has always been known as the LR4 here. On markets abroad, probably. And we already know that cool new tech, such as Wade Sensing is not going to make it on NAS vehicles (it's not available on the new RRS and RR either.)

If the V6 really happens in the US - as replacement for the V8 and not in addition to - it will most likely also include the new 8-speed transmission and the start/stop engine feature that's already annoying 2014 Range Rover and Range Rover Sport customers around the world.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they'll use the Discovery badging on the hood of US bound vehicles, as the car has always been known as the LR4 here. On markets abroad, probably. And we already know that cool new tech, such as Wade Sensing is not going to make it on NAS vehicles (it's not available on the new RRS and RR either.)

If the V6 really happens in the US - as replacement for the V8 and not in addition to - it will most likely also include the new 8-speed transmission and the start/stop engine feature that's already annoying 2014 Range Rover and Range Rover Sport customers around the world.
I am very curious to see what makes it to the US - as it almost seemed as though they were getting rid of the "LR4" in many ways. You are right, it's tough to really know of the changes from a non-US source - things are different in other LR markets.

What are your thoughts on the new headlights?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635