Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wusty

Reaction score
HATE how it says Discovery instead of Land Rover. I'd rip that **** off and put Land Rover on in 1 second If I had a 2014. 1st Mod i'd do :)

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a darn Freelander/LR2 from the front:frown:

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one last comment on the 'updated' look...
Why would Land Rover want to make the LR4 look like the Freelander/LR2? That old-girl should have been left to roam the pasture a LONG time ago. To mimic its tired looks on the LR4 begets a tired LR4
autowp.ru_land_rover_freelander_2_sd4_26.jpg

This is exactly what I thought too. So sad!

When I get rid of my LR4, I'll be searching for either the outgoing RRS or 2013 LR4.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Thanks to this forum I was alerted to the upcoming switch from V8 to V6 and I am glad I went with a 2013. I guess more and more LR4 owners never take their vehicle off pavement. I can't imagine buying an LR4 without the 2-speed transfer case and heavy duty package.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last truly capable Land Rover is on the verge of being the line-up's designated grocer getter.

Last truly capable?
I love my LR4, although I still morn the loss of the external tire carrier, solid axels and a roof that is not made of glass but...

The new RR (sport and standard) have about 9 to 22% more ground clearance and 22-28% greater water clearance (wading) than a LR4. The standard RR has fairly similar "off road geometry" (the sports are not as good and the approach on the RR is a few degrees inferior to a LR4). Now both cars are a bit to posh for me, but in terms of capability, I am not sure I would say they are materially less capable than a LR4. One last plug for the new cars, 27 gallon fuel tanks! (compared to what LR now says is 18.9 gallons of useable fuel tank capacity for the LR4)

I, of course, would defer to someone who has driven both (or all 3) off road...unsure how much more capable the new RR's are vs 2013 and what the terrain control 2 brings to the table....

But in terms of just looking at the statistics, higher ground clearance and longer ranges, two of my biggest pet peeves with the LR4, are both addressed by the new Rangies...

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree Broomhead, if I ever replace my LR4 (not in the cards for a while) I will be moving towards a RR or RRS....

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During the next redesign of the LR4, maybe they will shed some weight like the RR's did and add a bigger tank...I have stopped dreaming of a diesel, although i keep getting my hopes up. Fire the guy who put the exhaust under the suspension and do a quick redesign, add a few inches in lift and I would be happy....I think part of the greater wading depth is the engine's air intakes sit a bit higher (?), so assuming we get the 6, that might take care of things...who knows.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesels are definitely coming, perhaps as early as next year for new Sport and Range Rover.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635