Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure, we may be the majority, but marketing and brand isn't.

I'll make another bet. I bet $50 dollars that within 1.5-years, the transfer-case becomes standard again on the upstream models, after LR marketing wakes up to the fact that they've blundered big time.

...or they go out of business and die a slow death by a thousand cuts. Losing its unique identity is always a risky proposition: especially if you start competing with Lexus(their reliability and dealership experience typically being a wide margin above LR/Jaguar) or the germans

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who cares about resale, im never giving mine up!
I am right there with you - likely keeping mine for the long haul. Down the line might become just a trail rig - say in a decade? ;-)

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...or they go out of business and die a slow death by a thousand cuts. Losing its unique identity is always a risky proposition: especially if you start competing with Lexus(their reliability and dealership experience typically being a wide margin above LR/Jaguar) or the germans
Yup! Ever hear the term "Jumping the Shark?" LR officially has done so.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to go to the dealership this morning (LR San Jose) to pick up a part that they orderd (the wood trim below the navigation screen, it was uneven at delivery) and we were chatting about the changes. Both of the service guys thought jumping to the SC V6 is a bad idea, even though it is a great engine (they say). They said the RR & RRS do really well with it, but both of them have shed some weight - compared to the 40 lbs. shed from the LR4 offering the 1-speed transfer case. They mentioned that they felt a difference in Land Rover and almost like an iconic heritage going away.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The problem is they are short sighted. Currently they can sell all of the LR4's they can build with China market the fastest growing for them. I believe third behind the US and UK.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder about the harness and stuff i guess it wont be for a while that we know ...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM