Official 2014 Changes to LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wanted to provide an update: ended up buying LX 570 vs. GX 460 I originally thought i would buy. Didn't like GX at all. LX 570 is more money than GX but significantly cheaper than v8 RR. I couldn't believe that proper RR HSE comes with V6 as well (what a joke IMHO). V8 RR sells for $105k MSRP plus $15k premium so just too much money vs. $76k i paid for $90k MSRP Lexus.

On my '10 LR 4: sold it to a Lexus dealer for $30k, which is great, considering I paid $39.5k for it in Jan of '11. It had 53,000 miles on it and was a base model. So it held its value very well, however, I did get a good deal on it at the time.

All in all, Land Rover was a decent vehicle and would probably buy again once non-SC version V8 is available in either LR4 or RR form.

Am in a similar boat today in terms of choosing between '14 LR4 and LX570 etc. Have a choice of letting LRNA declare my LR4 (MY13 lux FL) as lemon and get a replacement MY14 lux (V6), or get the refund and get something else.

I have been trying to convince myself of SCV6 (even if I get over the shifter knob business), really, as I love this truck, but the idea of paying north of 60k for a V6 doesn't seem right to me.

Have looked into LX570 and GX460, but have not test driven either. Interior room in 460 is small for my needs and I am particularly not thrilled about its interior either.

Yes it is really a joke that LR is offering V6 in FFRR and asking 80k for it, they are out of their minds IMHO. The other day I saw one (base) parked on my block. I could not believe that it had 245 tires (even LR4 has 255 minimum width). And the rim design looked ugly as hell. This is their flagship model of the lineup which they compare with Rolls Royce in the press etc. The hight of ridic.

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am in a similar boat today in terms of choosing between '14 LR4 and LX570 etc. Have a choice of letting LRNA declare my LR4 (MY13 lux FL) as lemon and get a replacement MY14 lux (V6), or get the refund and get something else.

I have been trying to convince myself of SCV6 (even if I get over the shifter knob business), really, as I love this truck, but the idea of paying north of 60k for a V6 doesn't seem right to me.

Have looked into LX570 and GX460, but have not test driven either. Interior room in 460 is small for my needs and I am particularly not thrilled about its interior either.

Yes it is really a joke that LR is offering V6 in FFRR and asking 80k for it, they are out of their minds IMHO. The other day I saw one (base) parked on my block. I could not believe that it had 245 tires (even LR4 has 255 minimum width). And the rim design looked ugly as hell. This is their flagship model of the lineup which they compare with Rolls Royce in press etc. The hight of ridic.

Even though I am a pretty down on the v6 move myself... in your position I would still go for the LR4. Its still a great overall package. I don't think any of us know that its not any worse at towing and otherwise its still up for all the jobs that the V8 is, just maybe with slightly different feel or sound... but thats just one small part of this great machine.

Stick with us and get the LR4

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my LX570 in for my first LR4 few years ago. I also used to have a LX470. The LX570 is nice, but I thought the interior was dated, and the drive very bland. Also, the cost of the LX570 just seemed outrageous and took a lot away from me enjoying the truck. I never received one compliment on the truck from anyone.

Bought my first LR4 after trading the LX in, and am currently driving my 2nd LR4. It is SO much more fun to drive. The cost is SOOO much more reasonable. It is more capable, and I still receive compliments on this thing all the time. I never have had one regret about trading in my LX, and have never looked back.

Yes, Lexus has better service and reliability, no denying that. But I love my LR.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM