Old School Help Needed!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

nashrover

I love my 2002 Range Rover. My most favorite vehicle I have ever owned (even more than my 1969 mustang). But I think I gotta sell it. I have a baby on the way and taking her to daycare is going to cost me about $50 a week extra in gas. Over the course of a year thats a hell of alot of money. So here is what I'm probably gonna do. But a new Volkswagen Passat or something similar and an OLDER Land Rover. Something cool from the 60's or 70's for a couple thousand dollars. Nothing that is completely restored, but nothing that is gonna require 5 grand to just get running.

I gotta have an off road vehicle and I just cant go cold turkey without a Land Rover in my driveway. What years and models would I have the best chance of finding something snow/mud capable, fairly easy to find parts for, and is not gonna break the bank? Are there any years that are easier to find, thus cheaper when you find them?

Thanks!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If it were my money, either keep the RR or buy a RRC 94 - 95 MY. I like the older Series vehicles, but your 5 grand option may be more relistic than you think.

For the money, but a RRC or a D1.

If it were me though, I would just keep the RR and buy a cheap car.... but that is me.

The only way I would get rid of my Disco would be if someone gave me 10k for it... and no matter how much I like it... it isn't worth 10k to any but me :biggrin:

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep the Rover and buy a 89 or 90 honda accord for $2000.00 dollars. Great gas aconomy car. If you like your Rover you can't find a better off road vehical. My wifes been complaining about how much I spend in gas on my Disco so i bought her a newer Range Rover than the one we had and that shut her up.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635