Onboard Spare parts when off-roading/overlanding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
FWIW, mine has been setup this way, with the addition of four additional connectors when I added the SYA spacers for a minimum of 6 years.

I have never had an issue with any of the additional connectors. Literally, zero.

Just had my first air system related issue in a decade of ownership, and it was the center valve block. Those extra connectors in the system are still chugging along.
I've been running my SYA kit for a while now too and that's when I added the push to connect fittings and extra tubing. I added it, because it was convenient to do it at the time. So, I'd agree with @avslash that it's really not a huge concern if you're using 6mm all the way.

For anyone thinking 1/4" (0.25) = 6mm (0.23622...), its NOT. OEM is 6mm.

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiper blades. And the best way to guarantee that the serpentine belt will never fail is to have a spare readily available.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw a YouTuber do something very similar on a 3. Admittedly I don’t know much about reliability of the push fittings, but my only concern with creating that kind of setup beforehand is that by my count it introduces about 16 new potential spots for leaks (4 new T connectors plus schrader connection point).

I assume this is the video you saw?

Pretty simple, really. I'd probably run the front lines into the engine bay. Rear lines would probably run to the same spot as this.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from tools and the emergency EAS setup above, what LR components is anyone packing? Spare ABS sensor front/rear, spare f/r suspension height sensor, air valves? Wasn't sure how prone to failure the height and abs sensors are on these.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Aside from tools and the emergency EAS setup above, what LR components is anyone packing? Spare ABS sensor front/rear, spare f/r suspension height sensor, air valves? Wasn't sure how prone to failure the height and abs sensors are on these.
I have a full set of height sensors. However, my XLifter has a bypass and there's other ways around a failed height sensor.

Oem stuff, maybe ignition coil(s), fluid, coolant, fuses, and not really much. I typically double-check everything a week+ in advance to make sure everything is in tip-top shape.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brake switch is another one I recently added. and a rear toe link bolt.

NorthwestDriver

Reaction score
Post #15 on this thread has a pretty extensive spares list. Cannot say I agree that everything is necessary, but it certainly is a list which can be whittled down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi