overheating again..stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkingan

Reaction score
I got an over heating problem with my 2003 Discovery. It did this about 2 months ago and i suspected thermostat so i changed it out and its doing the same thing again. it s over heating, both fans spinning, no coolant loss but the lower part of the house coming out of the rad into the thermostat is cold and soft the hoses coming out of the top of the thermostat are super hot and hard. thermostat stuck again?

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds kinda like a faulty thermostat. Has your truck been running hot? Even when the thermostat seamed to be working? Did you properly purge the cooling system of air when you replaced the thermostat? Just to rule our another problem you could remove the thermostat and see if it overheats. (note I do not recommend leaving the thermostat out, just saying remove the one that seams to not be working put the system back together and run the truck for a while to see if it will get hot again.) also do a boil test on the thermostat while it is out and see if it is working.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to sound wrong in anyway, did you put the thermostat in correctly?

Also is the water pump working?

Va_Disco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey, I was thinking :albertein that could be a possibility but didn't say because I am not very familiar with the D2 and how the thermostat installs. I know you can install a D1 thermostat the wrong direction. Thanks for chiming in.

mkingan, Have you been able to diagnose the problem any farther?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM