overheating again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kweakley

Reaction score
Hello all,

My 99 land rover is overheating again. We dont drive a whole lot especially in the summer. Ive had the radiator repair last year water pump checked, thermostat changes as well as flushed radiator, check and test fan and refilled to ensuring we had no air in system. However I do notice oil coming from driver side engine. I wonder since we changed/check nearly every other problem area could this be the source of the problem. If so how difficult is it to repair or is it something that needs to be done by professional. Also I've inquired a time ago about unusually high idle due to PO manually turning idel screw is there anyway to correct this and could this be source of overheating. Thanks in advance and I appreciate any help you all can provide.

Last edited:

big cheif

Reaction score
might be head gasket time. Do'nt play around with it! Have a serious leak down test done to find where the leaks are.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can't find it then quit guessing and send me your number before the engine gets trashed, I'll walk you thru what to test and do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4