P*ss poor gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alegrialv

Reaction score
Man, just read the whole thread...sweating reading it, got intense! I wonder what the final verdict was...if the dealer found any issues?

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, just read the whole thread...sweating reading it, got intense! I wonder what the final verdict was...if the dealer found any issues?

No, the dealer said it is within norm - 12-17 mpg and even that is an estimate. I am getting average 15 with mixed driving.

guss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big trk and weight.I have had lr3 and lr4'they do no better than yours

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an '08 LR3 and usually got around 15-16 mpg (according to the computer). Picked up an '11 VW Touareg, which usually gets me 18.1 mpg (again, according to computer). What's nice about the Touareg is that it has a 28 gallon fuel tank. I fill up around 3 times/month.

I've read that the U.S. will likely get diesel models when the European Union enacts it's tougher emissions standards, which I believe starts in 2013. Anyone know any more about this? I'd be all over a TDI LR4.

Here's a fairly recent article: http://blog.caranddriver.com/land-rover-to-introduce-diesel-engines-in-u-s-models-in-next-few-years/

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an '08 LR3 and usually got around 15-16 mpg (according to the computer). Picked up an '11 VW Touareg, which usually gets me 18.1 mpg (again, according to computer). What's nice about the Touareg is that it has a 28 gallon fuel tank. I fill up around 3 times/month.

I've read that the U.S. will likely get diesel models when the European Union enacts it's tougher emissions standards, which I believe starts in 2013. Anyone know any more about this? I'd be all over a TDI LR4.

Here's a fairly recent article: http://blog.caranddriver.com/land-rover-to-introduce-diesel-engines-in-u-s-models-in-next-few-years/
I would get a TDI LR4 in a minute!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM