Parking garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrtp4

Reaction score
Moving to a new office downtown, have to start parking underground. I always panic a bit as I enter a parking garage with the tall LR4, even at access height.

What is the minimum garage clearance height you would venture into with the LR4?

sherwooa

Reaction score
Without knowing the garage i wouldn't enter anything under 6ft 3in in access mode. I had the same concern with my works parking garage in the days running up to the purchase of my LR4. One of the first things to do is to check out the vehicles that already park there and compare their ride height to the 74.3inch access height of the LR4. I saw a few F150's an even a Lexus LX570 in mine so began feeling okay. But even at that I cut a piece of wooden base board trim to 74.3inches and walked the route to my parking space. Again all was good here but I'd also suggest checking for places in the garage that are a no go for the LR4. And of course in access mode I do just check before setting off that the lock is still illuminated on the switch although on approach to the vehicle it is pretty obvious.

I'd also suggest having a conversation about ride height with your spouse and anyone else that drives the vehicle - even if it's just to make sure they know the controls.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72